Geospatial Intelligence Engineer
Maps and location services play an important part of Amazon’s offerings. As a Geo-spatial Business Intelligence Engineer, you will play a key role in uncovering deep insights about using map data to enable spatial intelligence in Amazon Logistics.
The Geospatial Intelligence Engineer is responsible for creating and utilizing tools and technologies in service of Amazon Logistics. The candidate will have the opportunity to be a key driver in helping to define map data requirements for Amazon Logistics. The candidate must possess strong business acumen and be energized by working with huge data sets and solving complex, ambiguous problems for our customers. The Geo-spatial Intelligence Engineer must be an effective leader and communicator in working with Amazon internal groups such as business intelligence, transportation, operations, and finance.
An ideal candidate will be someone with sound technical background in map data. The candidate will be a self-starter who can start with a business problem and work backwards to conceive and implement the best possible solution. The candidate will also be expected to be proactive in challenging the current methods and models, explore and recommend efficient solutions. The ideal candidate will also be able to explore new technologies, demonstrate a high sense of ownership, obsessed with customer satisfaction, and ‘gets-it-done’ in business time. They are an effective leader and communicator and a seasoned problem-solver. Above all, the candidate will be passionate about leveraging data to deliver actionable insight that impacts daily business decisions and facilitate in building our next generation of product features that enhances our customers’ experience.
The primary responsibilities of this role are to:
1) Retrieving and analyzing spatial data using PG SQL and other data management systems.
2) Contributing to the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
3) Developing and proposing new metrics, recommending strategies to stakeholders to improve map data quality, and working across our organization to make actionable intelligence available to business stakeholders.
4) Supporting cross-functional teams on the day-to-day execution of projects and initiatives.
5) The ideal candidate actively seeks to understand Amazons core business values and initiatives, and translates those into everyday practices.
More information at : https://www.amazon.jobs/en/jobs/617714/geospatial-intelligence-engineer