Forest Information Analyst
Bring your forest economics knowledge and data management expertise to the Forest Tenure and Economics Branch with the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this position, you will:
- coordinate research, analyze and maintain information
- develop, enhance, maintain and report on databases
- conduct performance achievement and trend analysis
- advise developers of needs for new forest models
Location: 70 Foster Drive, Sault Ste Marie, Ontario
How do I qualify?
- you are proficient utilizing management information systems, databases and related systems
- you have working knowledge of forest policies, guidelines and standards
- you have knowledge of methods, practices and techniques relating to forest economic assessment
- you have demonstrated knowledge and experience in provincial socio-economic data sets, data modelling and database development methodology
- you are proficient in the use, capabilities and operations of various database software programs
- you have proven knowledge of current computer systems technology such as Global Information Systems (GIS), system analysis techniques and various hardware/software
Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills:
- you have proven analytical, evaluation and practical problem-solving skills to define, develop and advise on solutions to resolve data quality issues
Project Management and Organizational Skills:
- your project management skills demonstrate your ability to plan, manage and produce project deliverables
- you have good organizational skills to work independently and meet deadlines
Salary range: $1,261.30 – $1,590.97 per week
Please apply online, by September 25, 2015, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 81868 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application online. Faxes are not being accepted at this time. If you need employment accommodation, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.